A New Year Thank you from Josh’s Mum, Dawn
2014 has been such a roller coaster.
I will never be able to thank personally everyone that has helped Josh’s Charity over the past year, there are so many of you but I want to share with you some of our highlights and achievements.
It’s been an overwhelming year, with so many kind generous people giving their time and donations to help raise more awareness and funds for Josh’s Charity.
Josh was so, so proud of his charity and loved taking part in his events, normally to be found with his collection bucket flirting those long lashes and smiling at the ladies.
Up to November when Josh passed he was always there, even at an event at Barclays Bank on Halloween, just 4 days before he passed. His sheer determination to keep going was simply amazing and I am so proud of him.
He’s left a huge gap in our world but to be able to help other children and families in his name is a very special gift and legacy to our superhero.
Your donations and support have made it possible to help families with special equipment, new buggies and wheelchairs, house adaptations, hospital expenses grants, respite holidays and sadly funeral expenses, to list a few.
This is direct help, exactly when families need it – as a Mum I know how important this is and how it makes a big difference to their lives.
Additionally we have donated 5 x £2,000 SuperJosh Teenage Entertainment Packages to hospitals, who just don’t have the funds for TV’s, XBox’s, DVDs, Books, Games etc. and rely heavily on donations. I love seeing how amazed the play specialists are when we rock up with everything. To see the smiles on theirs, and the childrens faces is just amazing!
Hospital stays are long and boring so it’s important for both children and their families to have these resources.
Special thanks to our Patrons, Trustees, Thumbraisers and everyone that has helped make Josh’s Charity possible and ongoing for 2015.
We are hoping with everyone’s amazing support to triple the number of families we help next year and to donate at least 20 hospital packages across the country.
I won’t be saying “Happy New Year” this year as it will be the first year without my boy but I wish love and best wishes for you and your families and look forward to celebrating the life of my boy and his legacy with you in the future.
He’s left me with the best job in the world, being able to help others in his name.
Josh’s Mum & Founder of The Joshua Wilson Brain Tumour Charity
For further information of the work of The Joshua Wilson Brain Tumour Charity & to donate, please visit www.joshwilson.org.uk
Follow @journeyjoshuas & @superjcharity
Josh is proud to be able to give help and hope to other children & young people with brain tumours, post surgery disabilities & along his Journey
We can help with advice, grants & financial solutions – please email email@example.com for our help
Here are some of the ways we can help families –
– We give families grants for hospital expenses & travel – a 2 week stay can cost over £200 in meals, parking, petrol etc.
– We can provide specialist equipment & house adaptation like a ceiling track hoist that helps with moving & handling for big heavy lumps like Teenager Josh – they cost between £4k – £10k each.
– We help with special treats, like holidays after Chemo, to give families holistic respite and time together again to be normal, so important after such stressful times.
– We help hospitals by donating teenage entertainment packages, full of Xbox’s, TVs & iPads.
Things that you presume are provided by the NHS but are sadly not – we find out these gaps during our hospital stays, it’s heartbreaking to see Children’s wards with broken TVs, when it’s so simple to put a smile on their faces.
– We can help with mortgage payments for families where one parent has to give up work due to their Child’s brain tumour treatment – this is real direct help & as you can imagine dramatically reduces unneeded stress.
– Sadly we help with funeral expenses also, to give families the help they need to say a beautiful goodbye to their little one.
To be able to give direct help to families & to see the difference we make directly as one is just incredible.
Your support means a phenomenal amount to us, helping us build our foundations for growth to help 100′s more children & families at the time that they need us more than ever.
Your help will increase the number of families that we can help who have children like Josh with brain tumours & disabilities, making a direct impact & difference to so many lives.
We would love to hear from the families of children in these areas who
– have or have had a Brain Tumour
– have post surgery disabilities
– live with shared / joint care – multiple homes
– live in England & Wales
Please get in touch via our Contact Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org